Thursday, January 6, 2011

Half way through...

FAMILY!
 Hello! again i want to say thank you for your letters.. it sounds like you had a ton of fun in utah! You guys went sledding? haha i want to see  pictures from that... did everyone sled? or just the kids? and it makes  sense grace and gainer would be scared... i bet sammy and dean just were rolling in the snow... they are used to it. It was pretty crazy weather  though when you guys were here... it got really cold here... but then i had to just remember i would be in like 54358947389 more cold weather in like 5 weeks!! And i cannot believe you guys were at the MTC!!!! If i would have  saw you i would have freaked. The temple was closed when you guys were here  so we didnt actually walk off campus but it would have been crazy to see you  guys. Isnt the MTC weird... it kinda looks like a prison and it seems so forbidden when you drive by it but its so funny cause its just a bunch of  teenage boys... its kinda funny cause the elders seem like they are confused  here at the MTC. Its like... their 19 year old selves come out however they know they are missionaries and need to be more dignified.. so its funny to see them change from situation to situation. However it is amazing to see  the change in them, (well at least the ones in my zone) from the first day  they got here... they have grown so much.. i hope i have grown too...
 AND you guys went to the zoo? thats so fun.. not out of africa? haha when I  get back we will have to make a trip there...  So this week... the older district is all leaving to russia... which means we get new russian missionaries come in in a week! which means... we are now the older district... which mean.. WE LEAVE NEXT! i cant believe i am halfway done with the MTC... i love the MTC but man, let me tell you, i am already SOOOOO ready to go to russia... Being at the MTC makes you so excited to actually be in the real mission field and get rejected and get  yellled at and everything! it sounds weird, but i am so excited. I know I will struggle sometimes but i am excited to say that i made it through my first 3 months in russia ya know? after 3 or 4 or 5 months, it will still be really hard but i am hoping the language will come and the Lord will help me through all those hard times so i can have the best mission ever!
 Its was really cool, this week we actually started teaching in russian… yes... TEACHING! hah we say like 5 word sentences but we are told to simplify the lesson so its kinda great that russian MAKES me do that. I realized that the Lord sent me russian speaking because he knew i needed to simplify my words. When i would teach in english i just ramble. I need to just get right down to the point and speaking a new language helps me do that because i only know like 10 words. haha No no thats not true... its kinda crazy that i can actually speak SOME russian... i know when i get out  into the field i am going to cry cause im going to actually realize I know nothing, but its crazy what we do know only being here a month...
 Thats about all that happened this week. Everything else is still the same. We have the same schedules everyday.. so we know by the end of the MTC days we will be 150% sick of what we are doing and just ready to get to russia...

 OH! HAPPY ANIVERSARY GRANDMA AND GRANDMPA... haha thats so awesome that you guys have been married that long. Oh, and i sent everyone pictures... i hope you got them.. and mom i sent you CDs of all the pictures i have taken thus far.. i will probably send you another couple of CDS like that before i leave the MTC and then do the samein russia... will you let me know when you get them and if they have pictures on them? cause then i can delete the ones already on my camera?..  i  was told that was the best way to do it so keep them and we can have a record of all my pictures...

 Well... I dont really have much more to say... thanks to everyone who is  writing me and has written me. Letters are great i love hearing whats going on. Just know the MTC is great but i am soooooo excited to get out into the field. My decision to serve a mission i know was made when i entered the MTC but my excitement hasnt stopped growing and the confirmation of it continues to grow as i progress and get closer to bringing people to the knowledege of the Gospel. A cool thing we were taught, which i knew was our purpose but  wasnt put into words.. is that we arent here to baptize. Yes, thats the result of peoples actions, but we are here to bring people  to the knowledege of their savior and his atonement for them. Its to bring them to the knowledge that they have a father in heaven and we need to have a strong relationship with him... Its to bring them to the knowledege that there is a plan for them, that their is a purpose for them... its to let them know that the Book of mormon is the true word of christ and that that little blue book contains the fullness of the gospel and can literally answer any question of your soul.. Once we, and our investigators know that, they will have no question in their mind that THIS IS the true church, and they will be jumping into the waters of baptism. We arent here to baptize, we are here to bring people unto their savior. I know that so sister missionary of me.. but to come to that realization has been the most amazing thing to me. I dont know where i would be without the little knowledge i have obtained here in the MTC and i cant imagine the things im going to learn from my investigators and just being on a  mission... It really is an amazing work i get to do here... I honestly feel truly blessed to be set apart as a missionary right now... I dont want you guys to think that everything has been peachy for me here though.. yes its been amazing, but its has been extremely hard. I feel like hard times have come my way before but this is different. This tests you in ways you wouldnt even imagine... But how grateful i am to know that whenever  i am struggling, i can get down on my knees and he will lift me up. Its like peter, when he asked christ if he could come out onto the water with him and he did.. he was walking steadfast as he kept his eyes on christ, but as the waters went tempest and waves came.. he got distracted and took his eyes off christ and lost faith, he started to sink and christ lifted him up... I KNOW that i have felt waves come at me here at the MTC... they have kept strong, but as i have used my faith in christ, and asked my father to save me... he has held out his hand to me and pullled me from those hard times. I know i wouldnt be writing this email right now if it wasnt for him. I would be home. How grateful i am for the lord and his help...

 Well.... now that i used up all the sister missionary i had in me.. haha i just want to say i love you and i so thankful for my family in my life... i love you guys so much!!! i will hopefully have more to write next week.. but lets be honest, theres not a lot of drama that goes on at the MTC... the most sketchy thing that happens is when you see someone NOT with their companion.. haha... to be honest, i kinda miss gossip... i didnt realize how much i heard being a hairdresser hahah its probably a good thing though...But i Still havent stopped cutting hair, i am actually aloud to cut some peoples hair here, we got permission from our branch president...

 Anyway... i love the MTC... i will write you a letter in russian one time!! Love you and you BETTER keep writing me... thanks to dad mom rach jess grandma and everyone who writes me.. i will try to write actually letters
 today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment