Friday, March 25, 2011

Work Work Work

Hello family! i want to start off by answering a few emails, i am sorry i  cant respond back to everyone! i can only send the email to mom! Mom... ok yes.. the smells are horrible... hahah honestly, its hysterical but i have gotten used to it... However, you know how i get bus sick?... yes still happens here... cause we are on the bus all the time.. and bus sick plus smells = bad news.. but its ok.. things could be worse! welcome to
  russia! haha  We actually get transfer calls on friday, this friday yes... so next week i  will write you about my new companion cause i will be with her!! My companion this time has been great. she has worked really hard because i cant do much but we have had a lot of fun! she speaks english so we can
  communicate just fine! AHHH! my clients!!! to all of you i am sorry i am not there!!!!!!! it is
  pretty flattering everybody wants to wait for me! that makes me really happy... hah its only like 13 months now! soooo weird i know... And yes, i have been doing hair here.. not much though cause we have no
  time!!! but i love you all sooo much! tell everyone else i love them toO! like ALLLLL THE> FAMILY AND ALLL MY FRIENDS!! I LOVE YOU!

  Ok... my week... On friday we had a new senior couple come, the huffakers and they are so
  great! I love them! its great to have senior couples here cause they make the mission... on saturday... we had a relief society birthday party and yes, i was in the choir! hahahahahahaha its so funny cause here, i like HAVE to be cause theres not very many members and we are missionaries! we are like the examples... haha its so funny..  i am truly doing things i never thought i  would... hah we all know i cant carry a tune
  Sunday we taught one of our investigators the plan of salvation... it was pretty cooll... her name is irina we hope she can progress... Then we met with a family and they fed us dinner... and guess what it was... dad will love htis one... LIVER!!! hahahahah yes... i ate the liver... it  was fine except for the fact that it was LIVER and  I couldnt get that out of my mind... Then we met with a new family for the first time and it was amazing... one  of the first times i actually felt the spirit testify through me... it was a really cool experiece for me cause i know its not me... i know its the lord...
  THen on monday... hahah we have been meeting with this family for a little while and just serving them because they are of another faith.. but we felt  like as missionaries our job is to teach... so we told them we couldnt meet  with them unless we discussed religion.. so this family well, the dad, Sergey, decided that we would discuss one topic a time.. and so we decided on the sabbath day because they think its saturday and we think its sunday..so we planned for a while and had our lesson. and we get to their house and they had a visitor... their Paster... haha and his wips out his computer and we get a 45 minute lecture.. (i say this because he was like yelling at us haha) about how the sabbath is holy and its on saturday... ahah of course its russian.. so i dont understand a thing.. but my companion is getting frustrtated cause he keeps asking her to translate and its really hard words... so just said i understood... anyway.. to make a long story short it
  was pointless and he was there to teach us... and he taught completely wrong and the spirit wasnt there.. well.. when time was almost up... i stopped him and just said... "ok.. thanks for your time.... but we didnt come here to only here your side, we thought we came to discuss and thats not what happened...I appreciate to learn more about your beliefs... however, we still know that its on sunday... very interesting though... we must leave we have another appponitment... " haha my companions was shocked at me... because she didnt even think i could say these things and neither did i (because it was russian) but somehow ( by the spirit) i did... and then we left....This taught us a lesson though... it taught us that this gospel.. is true...THat the spirit is real... that we have the truth... Because we truly could feel the difference... i wish i could tell you more... but before we left sister B. Prayed and the mom actually cried.. and i know that they feel the spirit through us.. i know they do.. and i think they know they kinda offended us... so we made a decision we cant meet with them anymore, and we feel that they will soon recognize that they need the true spirit in their
  lives...This mission has been such a great experience already... i still cant understand or talk and its hard... studying is hard.. everything is hard. i am tired all the time.. but i know that this is where i need to be. I think
about you guys often and ( not to be rude) but i hope it stops soon, because i feel like once it does, i will be completely immersed in the work like i need to be... I think about the sons of mosiah and how they served for 14 years to "a wild and forercious" people... and sometimes.. i feel like thats russia haha... they people arent nice sometimes and its hard to talk to them when i dont know what they say to me... however, i know that this is where the lord needs me... and i want to be the missionary he knows i can be I had a cool experience.. As we contact... its really hard here because people dont want to meet with you.. so i got discouraged... and i kept praying to father in heaven... "just have someone ask me!!! have someone ask me what i am doing here becaues i cant do this anymore"... (even though i knw that was unfair to him... this is work and i need to talk to people) however, the lord hears our prayers.. i was sitting on a bus... very frustrated cause i knew i needed to tlak to someone but i just  couldnt bring myself to do it and it happened... the lady sittnig next to me asked
  me about my church... and i wish i could have seen my face.. i was shocked... and it was such a cool experiene to know that he does he our prayers, and he wanted me to know he was there for me... and now i know... i dont know if she will come to church but it was god answering my prayers... I know that as you guys continue to study and prayer and try to become the people god wants you to be that you can recieve answers... i dont remember if i wrote about nephi and the ship last week but read about him in first nephi.. and how we need to build our ships according the The lord and not man.... I promise as we do this we will be happier... Family and friends... Know how much i love my mission... again, i wish you could see me because you would laugh so hard if yuo saw what i have to go through adn the situations i get put into.. but i know that its the lords work and i was called here... hahaha sometimes i just laugh.. like when we were getting taught about sabbath on saturday... i wnated to hard to laugh and i couoldnt... sometimes, when i am walking in snow, and i only hear russian around me... and when people dnt want to talk to me.. i just laugh to myself and think.. god has a sense of humor for sure..hahaha
  Well... i love you alll sososososososos much!!! send me dear elder or email
  me ok!?!?!?! i love you and i miss you!!!!
  remind me to tell you about my companion and the pigeons next week...
  hahahaha soooo funnny!!!
  FRIENDS! who is engaged anyone??? is eric engaged yet? and ashton!!!! YOU
  GET MARRIED SOOOOON! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
>>

No comments:

Post a Comment