Saturday, February 19, 2011

I made it to Russia....NOT

Hello, from the MTC!
  Yes, i am still here... everything was fine and dandy and my branch president said i could go but then, i had a doctors appointment last wednesday and he said NO WAY!.. he said at the least 2 more weeks... so here
  i am.. just trudging along. Its ok though, to be honest i kinda had a bit of a spiritual moment when I was so frustrated that i couldnt go that I cried and i just felt like I couldnt go on and that there was no reason so keep me here but then, a thought clear as day that said "i need you 100%", not 90, not 80, but100%... and after that its been ok that i have to stay here... i mean, whats 14 weeks in the MTC right? haha and who can say that theyve had an MTC experience like mine... i mean, i got a good little weekend get away i got to see some of my family and friends and go shopping and cafe rio... so i feel the lord is letting me make up that time right now haha... So in other words, i am good...And when i do get to leave they will get my travel plans and have me on a plane 2 days after that so i am not sure if you would find out but ALWAYS have your phones on you for the next 2 weeks! cause i do get to call you all!

  Well.. other than that... EVERYBODY left me today and yesterday. My companion and 3 other girls in my room left on monday morning so they are probably out freezing their little tushes off... and so it was me and sister francom here yesterday... We actually got cafe rio... (shhhhh).... but you know, i have the connections here. And mom, dont worry about the money on my card  for cafe rio i got that back from my elders and sister francom... But yesterday was a crazy day as will today be a crazy day. We just have been trying to finish errands for the other sisters and then clean up our rooms... i have to move to another building with the other sisters and my companion for a couple weeks will be sister little... I am excited and also a little sad because i miss my district... we got to be such good friends because we spent like ALL day together everyday for 11 weeks... and i saw these amazing missionaries grow into completely different people. I know
  that these will be friends i have forever. We were meant to be together i can feel gods hand in placing us all together. Its amazing the friendships  ive made with them and the growth i have seen in each of them. Its been
  quite the experience here... So it was really sad this morning to say  goodbye to EVERYONE. all of my elders left this morning and I was crying and  they were on the verge of tears... they all said "thanks mom for everything" (because basically i told them what to do because i am that rude i know) but i know that they will be good missionaries and it was hard to see them leave... so ya... thats about it... I am still here and just waiting to get to russia... i have another companion today, sister carmack and she leaves tomorrow so we will just be running and doing some more errands today...I havent slept in 2 days because of getting missionaries out and cause i am sick so its going to be an interesting week... changes changes changes, but my teacher told me a good piece of advice.. "no matter how hard things seem,  the best is yet to come" and thats will all life! its so true and i am excited to see whats in store for me next.

  Well.. the knee update.. Its still the biggest thing i have every seen and thats what my physical therapist said.,.. that he just wants to swelling to go down and i have to be able to walk and go up tons of stairs. My mission president actually called and said he didnt want me until I could walk 5 miles and walk up 5 flights of stairs so i am working on it. Actually i walk with just a tiny bit of a limp, half the time you cant notice it and i am walking up and down stairs all the time. SO i am surprised how well i am progressing... i actually meet with my surgoen tomorrow and the physical therapist at the same time so they will see whats up. I would be shocked and super excited if i could leave next week cause even my therapist says i am mproving better then he thought i would so pray for me! if not i am guessing just ONE more week.. and i can do that i know i can!! So all in all... i am really grateful for this experience i have had. Its a blessing to have one normal knee now and its a blessing i got this surgery done... My little thought is that i can see the lords hand in this work today. Even when it seems hard he is there every step guiding what we do. And if i can even take a little bit of christs attitude "not my will but thine will be done" (i think thats matt 26:39) than i can become the person i am supposed to become. I have such an amazing calling right now that i get to be an instrument in the hands of the Lord 24/7... is it a terrifying thing... yes... do i feel completely inadaquate.. yes.... but its an amazing feeling
  that he trusts me that much with his sons and daughters that he called me to work as his hands... How excited i am to be a missionary right now. Its an amazing calling and i owe him my life for letting me do this. I am so  excited to bring his sons and daughters, my brothers and sisters unto  christ... Its hard to even put it into words... Just know that i love this church and gospel. I know that its true... all of it. Every single piece of it. So dont ever EVER take it for granted...I love you and I am so grateful for your support. PLEASE send me letters or Dear elders this week,... i am so lonely without my friends! love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment