Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Lord is the best teacher there is!

 FAMILY and FRIENDS!!!
  Mom and jess.. it was so great to talk to you yesterday... weird though and  not exactly what i wanted to be calling you about but its ok... everything will be ok! i will fill everyone in on this email so they know kinda whats going on..
  It was like 2 weeks ago that my knee started to really hurt but i didnt think anything about it right? cause i have retarded knees anyway.... and dumb me, for like the first week i continued to run and play volleyball on
  it for like a week, then like i said last email i decided to go to the docter... and he was (i think) thinking i was a baby and just was complaining so he set up am MRI just in case but then was going to send me to phyiscal therapy.... well the results came back and yes.. My meniscus was  torn... i was honestly soooo sad... but To make a long story short... i saw the surgeon yesterday and he asked me how my knee felt... and i was like
  "well it hurts here" and he was like "really? cause you tore your meniscus on the other side?" so now they are worried about my dumb knee problem and  that i cant hack it in russia... so thats why they had me call you mom.. i think they thought you would advise me to not go.. but thats not the case...
  I told the doctor that we are doing surgery and i AM going to russia... so thats the plan as of now... Surgery Thursday and then i will go to  jessicas... By the way mom are you coming???? I would love if you did, then
  poor 9 month pregnant Jess wont have to be taking care of some missionary...And then yes... i am stuck at the MTC for another 4 WEEKS!!  ahhh haha i know my life is crazy.. its ok though cause i have come to a few  najor conclusions... being a missionary each and every experience you have whether good or bad can be turned into the best thing for you.... When i found out i had to get surgery... i was really dissappointed
  actually.. to be honest i am SO ready to leave the MTC... 10 weeks here is enough... But as i was sitting moping over this dumb thing, we were reading in Alma 26,When ammon was saying how great the Lord is and how amazing it is to be instruments in the hands of the Lord (alma 26 vs. 12- i do not boast
  of my own strength) And it kinda hit me that god is everything, and i knowthat these sons of mosiah went through wayyyy more than i have ever gone through.. it says in alma (the chapter isnt coming to mind right now) that they were spit on and hit and everything you can imagine... and in 17, they
  had to go preach to the lamanites who were as it says a Ferocious people... so honnestly they're missions were crazy and it kinda put mine into perspective to me... but then we read alma 26:27... and it says "Now when our hearts were depressed and we were about to turn back" now... when I found out i had to get surgery and then stay here and then when the doctor  tells me to go home... you can imagine how i am feeling.. of course it would  be easy to come home... i have an easy out right? but now.. i kept reading
  and it said "the Lord comforted us and said ... Bear thine afflictions with patience"... bear thine afflictions with patience... so right then i had this overwhelming feeling that yes.. i can do this.. i am nothing compared
  to the sons of mosiah and they made it through.. The the last part of the verse "I will give unto you success"... Even though hard times come and even though i have days where i just want to go.. i know that if i have patience  and rely on the lord for EVERYTHING.. he will grant unto me success... i will have a good mission... I know I am supposed to be out here.. even though with everything that has happened.. i feel like there has been sooo many little things that keep coming up either before i came or here in the
  MTC that have tried to stop me from going... but i am supposed to be here... I have a calling from God signed by the prophet... i can do this... Its kinda funny though how great of a teacher christ and our heavenly father  are..  i mean, how great of a blessing it is to get this surgery for free right?? but the lord is teaching me a very vaulable lesson with that blessing... Thats why he is the best teacher there is...
  I hope that made sense... its crazy being on a mission...I make this out to be a big deal but at least i dont have cancer and at least i can still go on a mission.. people have WAY bigger problems then just a dumb knee.. and i will get to russia i just know it!Well family... thank  you so much for all your letters! i love getting
  letters from my family... grandma and grandpa are getting letters soon and did we get that letter to grandma west?
  And mom.. let me know if you can come ASAP! i would love that... and ps... i  didnt get that package yet? maybe check to see if it got lost i know its been 2 weeks since you have sent it? i really hope it didnt get lost...
> and i was wondering.. i know we have some of grandpas old ties... i dont know if dad wants to keep them but i thought it would be cool to give someto some of the elders here... they LOVE old ties and how awesome would it be to have his ties on missions? if dad doesnt want to then thats ok but if so
  you can just bring them if you come to utah soon! RACHEL! I am so happy you are moving out! that sounds like a good plan and at least its still close. I bet you will still be at the house a ton and
  that way you can just drop gainer off with dad! Jess! baby soon? sooo crazy! i will still be in utah when you have it! haha
 Well.... Friends... By the way Ali and madison! i got your Dear ELders... you send them to RUSSIA! hah so i got a letter from my mission pres. and he sent them with me so thank you!! and i hope maddy gets emails? amy if she
  does can you send them to her? and ali!!! I LOVED THE PACKAGE! you are the best!!! oh! and what building does jordan and greg work in?? what floor and  room number i want to see them!!!
  Courtney and chan! i got your package i loved it!! the candy is all gone cause i am a fat piece of lard... haha did you get my package court? haha ps  i send that before i got the package from you guys!
  Amy brooke kristin leyla telicia everyone! thanks so much for writing me! if  i havent sent you a letter back you should be getting one!!! I  am sorry this is so random... I just want everyone to know that i love you guys so much! and i feel like i want you guys to know how much i love this church and i love this work..
  there is no greater thing we can do in this life then do the work our father in heaven wants us to do and to strive to become like christ in every aspect. I promise, as you strive to emulate him in every where, your life
  will be exactly where it should be. The Lord knows the way for us and if we are worthy to recieve the revelation from him to do the things he needs and wants us to do... how great will be our lives?? honestly.. being on a mission puts life into perspective in sooo many ways... i love being here
  and i love everything i have learned here! THe mission is great!!!!!
\
  Know i love you all and i love where i am! i hope this email finds everyone
  in good health! if not let me know.... the lord is on my side haha! i love
  you and look forward to hearing from you (or seeing you soon in jess and
moms case)> Love you and i will write next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment