Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Going Strong!

Hello! so i just send another email... i am not sure if it send last week or not... but this is the one from this week! its february 22nd! so HAPPY BIRTHDAY RACHEL!!! what is it? 26 now? or is it 27?? you are old!! haha i hope you got the card i sent!!! well a few things to start off with
JESSICA!!! ahhhhh you had him! i dont even know his name yet! i want pictures!! i am sooo happy for you! 4 boys now.. wow... how are the kids doing hows rock doing with the new baby? thats so awesome i am so happy for you! i told everyone when mom send me an email! and he has hair like rock! ahhh i want to see a picture so hurry!
  Cause... guess what!!!!! I THINK I GET TO LEAVE SOON!!!!! i had my doctors appointment last wednesday and he cleared me to go but me and the physical therapist decided on another week just to make sure... so i meet with them tomorrow and if everything is a go ahead, i meet with the district president and he gives me the go ahead and i get my flight plans asap!! yay! i am soooo excited!! so seriously... phones are on you guys this week for sure cause i get to call you! and yes... i do travel alone... but thats ok! i will make it i promise..Well.. I heard about the baby and i heard about grandpa asking about his obligations after baptism this week... wow... i was shocked honestly... i am so happy! and grandma and grandpa.. be by the phone too cause i will call you too!!
  then i can hear all about it! Thanks grandma for always sending me dear elders too! i love to hear from you and the events that have happened in the week! you would love it out here on a mission too... it really is amazing...and i always tell people about my amazing grandma!! Well... a few things that have happened... so everyone left... like all of my fellow missionaries here that came in with me so its been super crazy...
  i have a new companion now and her name is sister little... shes awesome its just been weird because she is used to being in a three some companionship and i felt bad taking her away from her other companions when she will just join them again... but its ok... we have worked it out and its gotten better over these past few days... shes awesome and we have gotten a lot done being companions... I am also in a new district so its kinda funny.... they are  just the missionaries who came in 6 week behind me so its fun to review everything we have done and to make new friends. Their district is hilarious  so its kept me busy and not so MTC trunky... even though i am going stir crazy being here! but its ok....
  Other than that its just been an adjustment being here and changing schedules and teachers and everything, but its been really good... I feel like i have grown a lot and it wasnt that bad staying here... Hmm... other than that i dont know much that has happened.... Oh! i gave a talk in church... we call it the russian roulette because they dont tell you you have to speak, they just call you up and you have to give your talk in russian... (this is just in our branch so like 4 districts) so yes.... because i was the older missionary i gave a talk.. it was awesome though because the last part was my testimony and i didnt have it planned I just bore my testimony in russian... (not like im am good at the language by any means at all... ) but i know that the lord will help you out the second you need it... It made me really excited to go to russia... even though i wont know the language, i know the lord will help me out and bless me when i need  to preach to his children. I dont have much to say but i will tell you all this.... This is such an amazing work... We had a fireside on sunday and it was a musical kinda fireside and at the end, one of the MTC Counselors and his wife had us sing Called to serve... but we pretended to be the 2000 stripling warriors (i know sounds really missionary esk..) but seriously... we started off really quiet as if we were marching from far away and it just got louder and louder and i know i am not describing this very well at  all... but picture yourself in an room, with 2500 missionaries, all anxious and excited... all ready to be instruments in the hands of the lord... all singing called to serve... each of us in the room was called to serve at a certain time, to a certain place by god... We are all needed somewhere and i know, whether they all admit it or not, every person felt amazing that night... It was amazing to feel so humbled at the very moment.. to realize the greatness of my calling, and realize what i have so readily at my fingertips right now. I am a servant of my heavenly father, and if i am willing, and worthy, i can perfom his work... Its honestly hard for me to fathom... i know this is funny that it has hit me this strong just now... but really... i could be in no better palce right now then i am. I only have 15 months left and its sad to say but i am scared to have it end... This time in my life will only come once... i can only go on this specific mission one time in my life... and its right now. Its when the lord needs me... and i know that better than ever... So i want you to know how much i am grateful for the support you have shown me... every single one of you. I know that its different trials right now for you than it is for me... and i hope its now hard having me gone, because you should know that i couldnt be in better hands than i am right now... The Lord is looking out for me and i  know it.. . I feel it every single minute every second that i am out here... and i know he is doing the same for you... I love this church and i love this gospel... I love my savior and the fact that i can call on him anytime, any where... i love every second of what i am doing... the hard times and the good times.. and i know that the hard times always turn out the be the best... so i love you all soooo much! and be ready.. hopefully i will be  calling you all sooooo soooon!!! i love you and i will try to send one last  letter!!

I love you alll soooo much! i will see you in 15 months! be good and i want announcements if any come about!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment